41) We should try to convince him of our idea by giving a presentation.
42) We shouldn’t try to convince him of our idea.
43) Do you know when we can afford to buy that house?
44) I don’t know when we can afford to buy that house.
45) When did you tell her to contact you in person?
46) I told her to contact me in person by next week.
47) When did you ask him if something was wrong with his phone?
48) I asked him if something was wrong with his phone last night.
49) When do you want him to give you a hand with the report?
50) I want him to give me a hand with the report now.
【3】 置き換え エクササイズ（英文）
1) My colleague always strongly expresses her opinion and thoughts. She sometimes messes up at work, but it’s difficult to convince her of her mistakes.
2) I ate a lot before I went to bed last night, so when I woke up my stomach was heavy. I didn’t feel so good so I stayed in bed all day.
【2】 置き換え エクササイズ（日本語文）
【3】 置き換え エクササイズ（英文）
1) My co-worker always insists on her opinions and never listens to others. Even if she sometimes makes mistakes at work, I can’t convince her of the mistakes easily.
2) Last night, I ate a lot before going to bed. So my stomach was too full this morning. I didn’t feel well and get up all day.
【4】 Communication Skill Exercise（英文）
I agree with Ethan. That helps your working environment turn into a comfortable atmosphere. If you do that, he will be able to work with confidence and you will not need to hurt his feelings. I hope you are having better relationship with him.
Yesterday, I was talking about “”answering the questions first””.
I explained that people couldn’t listen to others for a long time.
When we answer a question, we want to explain about the details and think we have to say a lot of things.
But no one is asking you to explain the details.
You don’t really have to give the details unless people ask for it.
You can keep your sentences short and simple that way.
It will become easier for you to communicate with others if you try to answer the questions first.
The way of communication between Japanese and English is very different.
Now you know, so let’s practice it in the lessons as well!
Hope today’s feedback will be helpful for you. :-)
2) 「胃もたれ」を、とても易しく表現した置き換えになりました ^^
I didn’t feel well and get up all day.
⇒ get up は、起きる「状態」よりも「行動」のニュアンスになります。
If I were Alex, I’ll suggest that the colleague asks our boss for an opinion instead of asking me. Then the boss will understand how bothering it is and finally take an action! ;-)
0:08 2) anyoneを強調した発話、良いですね！「責めるべきじゃないよー」という気持ちが、
4:53 29) girlfriend want you の箇所が特に、抑揚素晴らしかったです♪
8:42 contact の発音が 「コンタークト」と若干伸びて聞こえてきますが、「コンタクト」
10:39 convince の発音を、もう一度確認してみましょう ^^
※ フレーズ・表現を【昨日の回答例】で、ご確認ください ^^